Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Apple Balloon School Photo Prop

For Parker's first day of preschool photos I wanted to do something a little different than the chalkboard signs I've been seeing on everyone's social media feeds. What better way to celebrate the start of a school year than with a balloon! Spoiler alert: I love balloons. For this project I drew inspiration from these fab balloon projects from Design Improvised and Studio DIY. Ready to get crafting? 

First Day of School Apple Balloon

Materials needed
-Thickers Letterman sticker letters in black (also available in blue and red)
-18" round red foil balloon
-Straw
-Green card stock
-Brown card stock
-Clear tape or zots
*I bought balloon sticks thinking they would be strong enough to support my foil balloon. I was wrong! I also cut two leaves thinking that would look cute but I ended up just using one.

Instructions
-Cut a leaf shape from your green cardstock and a stem from your brown cardstock.
-Insert a straw into the hole of your balloon and inflate. No helium needed!
-Decide what you want you balloon to say. I played around with Preschool 2016 and First Day of School 2016. Cut out the letters you need and line up the words. Make sure you spelled everything right because nothing is worse than misspelled words on a back to school balloon. Nothing.
-Find the center of your balloon and start sticking your letters on. 
-Attach stem and leaf on with clear tape.
-Tape back the tag at the bottom on the balloon so everything is perfectly round. 

TADA! You now have a fab back to school photo prop. Click HERE to see P's first day of preschool photos.

photo prop, back to school photos, apple balloon

photo prop, back to school photos, apple balloon

photo prop, back to school photos, apple balloon

[Can you see me in the reflection on the balloon? Hi!]

No comments :

Post a Comment