Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Hot Cross Buns Recipe

Years ago I had the good fortune of being in Oxford, UK just before Easter. I recall walking passed sweets shops filled with giant, elaborate chocolate eggs and bunnies and bakeries displays filled with hot cross buns. I'll admit that up to this point, I did not know that hot cross buns were a real thing. I had only heard it mentioned in that one nursery rhyme! Ever since that trip to Oxford, I've been wanting to make hot cross buns for Easter and I think this year is going to be the year. I love to bake but baking bread is not really my thing so this is a little scary. I'm going to use the recipe I found on JoCooks since the measurements are available in cups and teaspoons. 

Hot Cross Bun Superstitions
-Sharing a hot cross bun with someone with will ensure friendship throughout the coming year.
-Buns should be kissed before eating because they have a cross on them.
-To avoid shipwreck, bring a hot cross bun on board with you.
-Hang a bun in your kitchen to protect again fires and ensure that all breads baked that year will turn our perfectly.


[Hot Cross Buns spotted via JoCooks]

No comments :

Post a Comment