Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, April 11, 2014

Matcha Love Review




 
A couple of weeks ago at the Ramen Yokocho Fest I saw an ad for Matcha Love and knew I had to go check it out. Matcha Love is a new tea spot that has opened in the bookstore at Mitsuwa. I say spot because it is not large enough to be called anything else. It's a small counter where they sell hot tea, ice cream, hot lattes and other tea based drinks. Unlike Tapioca Express or Tea Station, they do not offer any fruity tea drinks. This place is for those of us who love the taste of matcha, hoji-cha (roasted green tea) and black sesame tea. I visited the counter on my lunch break with a co worker and we had the chance to taste all of their ice cream flavors and order some tea shakes. The flavors were beautiful and my hoji-cha shake was very refreshing. The prices are significantly lower than most other tea shops that I've been to which was a pleasant surprise. If you decide to try it out, don't forget to bring cash. They are a cash only operation at this point.
 
Matcha Love (inside Mitsuwa)
4240 Kearny Mesa Road
San Diego, CA 92111
 

 

 
[Menu board]
 
 
[Beautifully packaged Matcha Love tea for sale]
 
 
 
[My hoji-cha shake]

No comments :

Post a Comment