Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Baby with a Swollen Eye

Monday Parks woke up with a swollen left eye. I had no idea what the cause was so I kept him home from daycare and called Dr. Boies to see if she could see him. It didn't seem to be bothering him much and he was in good spirits. I thought maybe it was a stye so I waited until he fell asleep and applied a warm compress. Little man wasn't having any of that though and he flipped over to block me. When we got to the doctor's office, Dr. B checked him out, checked his bother for any signs of a rash or allergic reaction, checked his eye movement and then concluded that the red swelling was probably caused by an allergic reaction. She said he probably touched something while crawling around and then touched his eye. Awesome. So I got to spend the day at home with P and used up another 8 hours of PTO.  This morning, the swelling has gone down considerably and I think he will live another day. 
 
 
[P and his one asian eye]

 


 
 [It's never a dull day with Parker! Here he is yelling at our dogs.]


 
[He also learned a new fun trick on Monday. His eye is still swollen in this video.]

No comments :

Post a Comment