Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, October 28, 2013

6th Annual Chu Family Pumpkin Carving Party

Yesterday we held the 6th Annual Chu Family Pumpkin Carving Contest and the winner was...Tania with her lion fish. It's always a good time when we get together with my crazy, loud family and yesterday was no different. We dined on fish tacos (thanks Andy!), the kids and I made mummy dogs and my mom made vietnamese dessert and stew. There was also a game of football, some yoga and other random fun. Can't wait for next year!   
 
 
[Pre party yoga! Tania is studying to become a yoga instructor. I can't believe Tuan participated. He surprises me everyday.]

 
[Mymy's angler fish.]

 
[Pumpkin guts!]

 
[Tania tracing her lion fish design]

 
[Me and my powr tools]

 
[Mymy in her squid brain shirt]

 
[My nephew Nolan cleaning out his pumpkin]

 
[Pumpkin gutter action]

 
[Parker and grandma]

 
[Karen brought a beautiful white pumpkin from Tanaka Farms]

 
[The kids aren't quite old enough to carve yet so they just put stickers on pumpkins]





 
[1st place]

 
[2nd place]

 
[My giant squid]
 
Tips for winning next year:
Pick your design early
Buy a really big pumpkin. The size itself will be impressive.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment