Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, July 29, 2013

Step by Step Organic Fabric Teething Toy Tutorial

Mr. Parks is starting to become a drool/slobber machine. I suspect that his gums are itching and he may be teething. Here are step by step instructions to create an organic fabric teething toy. Don't have the skills to make your own? You can always message me and order some.

What you will need
Organic wooden rings (I ordered mine from Alexa Organics)
Two pieces of 10 in x 4 in fabric (I used minky and organic cotton but you can use two pieces of cotton)
Fabric scissors/Rotary cutter
Pins
Cutting mat
Sewing machine
Pattern which can be downloaded here 
**It looks like the link to the original template I used is broken. Above is a link to a similar template via The Clueless Girl

Step-by-step Instructions

[A photo of everything you will need.]


[Cut out pattern and pin it to your fabric. Fabric should be laid right sides together.]


[Cut out pattern.]


[Result after cutting pattern.]


[Remove pins and pattern and sew fabrics together using a 1/4 inch seam allowance. Remember to leave an opening where indicated on pattern.]


[Flip inside out]


[Press and sew again using a 1/4 inch seam allowance.]


[Loop completed bunny ears around your wooden ring. Ta da! All done.]

Now give the teether to your baby or someone else's baby and snap some photos.


[Parks LOVED the teether.]



30 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing,just ordered rings and was looking for a pattern to help me out a little. P.S. Love you wedding ring BTW it is stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad I could help.

      Delete
    2. I noticed the ring too! I love it!! And yes, Great DIY! Thanks for the help!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this, what a great idea......where do you buy the rings from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Will! I bought the rings from Alexa Organics. The link is in the post above

      Delete
  3. Love this! What size ring did you use? I'm having trouble deciding which one is big enough or too big!! - Clare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Clare! I used the 3 inch ring because I figured it woul be easiest for baby's hands to hold. In retrospect, I think the 2 inch rings would be just as effective. Good luck!

      Delete
  4. Hi, THank you so much for the tutorial and pattern!
    I've seen many of these teething rings and I've noticed they all have an olive oil/beeswax polish on them. Is beeswax safe for babies? I ask because they are not supposed to have honey during their first year of life. I want to make a couple of these rings for my 9 month old and for gifting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I chose to buy my rings from alexa organics because they don't have any polish. I'm not sure if beeswax is safe for babies so I chose to avoid that all together. Good luck making your teething rings!

      Delete
  5. Hi, I'm having problems accessing the link for the pattern. Is it still available to view?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gillian! It looks like that link is down. Here is a link to another template that is similar.
      http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img841/303/mbbs.jpg

      Delete
  6. Hi, I've made several of these, slightly diff design, is there anything you do to stop the fabric coming off the rings? Tia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! I didn't have any issues with the fabric part coming off the rings with this design. Just pull the knot really tight around the ring.. I guess you can also knot the ears together.

      Delete
  7. The creators of innovative, safe and Natural Organic Teething products for smart parenting.
    You've visited this page many times.

    ReplyDelete