Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, July 15, 2013

Losing the Baby Weight - A Recipe for Sweet and Green Juice

Today I jumped on the juicing band wagon and made my first batch of green juice! The result was surprisingly delicious and I'm feeling proud of myself for winning this little war against the baby weight. Here's the recipe which I found on Healthful Pursuit. Next time, I'm going to cut back on the celery.

Sweet and Green Juice Recipe

Ingredients
1 pear
1 apple
2 cups of spinach
1 bunch of kale
1 celery stalk
1 cucumber
2 cups of water

Update: I added 2 more apples, 1 pear and cut the amount of celery in half. It's DELICIOUS now.

Directions
Wash and then rough chop all ingredients, removing the cores of the apple and pear, and pulverize in blender with water
Strain through cheese cloth 
Drink and enjoy! I recommend drinking it cold.

Note: I blended the mix because I don't have a juicer. If you have a juicer, start with the softer veggies first on the low setting - spinach, kale and cucumber. Turn the setting to high and juice the pear, apple and celery.


[So green I can feel it working already!]



[All the chopped ingredients]


[I blended all the ingredients in my Ninja blender]


[Strain everything through a cheese cloth]


[The final product - Sweet and Green Juice]











No comments :

Post a Comment